Access to our practice
If you have a disability, impairment or sensory loss and need to receive information in a way you can easily understand. Please contact using our online Contact The Practice Form or inform us at reception so we can make sure you have access to information you understand.
For more information, please view the Do We Make Ourselves Clear poster.
The practice also provide the following facilities:
- Disabled parking spaces are available on the practice car park.
- The practice has a ramp for ease of wheelchair and pushchair access.
- We do not have automatic doors, but if you require assistance operating the double entrance doors then please use the doorbell to notify a member of staff to assist you.
- A hearing loop is available.
- Interpretation/Translation services. The practice offers a translation service which can be utilised for reception services aswell as during consultations with the health care professional. Information and advice relating to this service is available from the receptionist.
- If you require a private room to breastfeed your baby, please ask at reception.
Accessible Information Standard
The Accessible Information Standard tells organisations how they should make sure that disabled patients receive information in formats that they can understand and receive appropriate support to help them to communicate.
For more information, please read the Accessible Information Standard – Making health and social care information accessible document.